Monday 23 June 2008

Thank you for the Music

Summer has it's perks. Free time is one of the major ones for students.
But unlike some, I've decided to be productive. Rather than lazing
about as I have done for the past few weeks, I've decided to do some
software development.

My big project this summer is AllDay DJ. Currently, I'm working with a
small team to work on new features and do some bug fixes. Those of you
that want to know what's coming up, here's a sneak preview.

I've already managed to make the database management screen more user
friendly and added a drag and drop instant player. In fact you can now
drag and drop onto the main playlist now as well!

Instant players can now be stopped (there was a fair few complaints
about that one) and search as you type has now been disabled for
performance reasons.

There's also been a few behind the scenes works as well including
search results in alphabetical order and the database is no longer
preloaded (it had minimal benefit for a large trade-off).

Those of you itching to make your music library sound like a radio
station can get involved. I'm looking for voluntary beta testers for
all these new features. Joining the teams is as simple as sending a
message to:

beta [at] radioautomation.co.uk

Note that I'm looking for people I know or are involved in the radio industry at any level.

No comments:

Post a Comment