Sunday 15 June 2008

A Busy Day

Although yesterday was my rota Saturday off, it did not mean I did nothing. The day actually started a little later than usual with a gala in Invergowrie (west of Dundee). What was I doing there? No, not idling my day away wondering round the stalls. I was in fact DJ-ing (with Mark and Joe as well) on behalf of Bridge FM.

That turned out to be both a fun and interesting experience. Firstly, there was a falconry display (yeah, the spelling is miles off!) display that was fairly impressive. We got to watch the bird of pray "hunt" for food. Though, later in the display, the local birds appeared to have taken action about being upstaged and tried to get in on the act.

So when that finished, we got on with the music playing. Until the power kept cutting out (apparently it had been doing that before I arrived). So we just pressed on through the problems, only taking a break for the raffle.

The weather had been on and off rain and thankfully held out for the duration of packing up the equipment. That part wasn't so bad. The interesting part came at the hospital when we went to return the equipment.

We had managed to obtain the use of a trolley from the porters. However, these things have only one set of setting wheels to navigating tight corridors was tricky to say the least.

Roll on a few hours, I finished the day off back in Bridge FM's studio presenting the "Night Shift" (called so because it finishes at 11pm).

Not too bad a Saturday off (I've had worse) and I'd certainly do it all again. Today, I finally managed to get my tax return submitted online. The result... HMRC owe me the huge sum of £24. Oh well, better in my pocket than theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment