Monday 9 June 2008

Getting Things Going

We're a few weeks into the summer holidays now and I feel I've had enough time just lazing about sleeping, eating, drinking and going to work part time. With a tax return sitting on my desk and money to extract from the Scottish government to go to university, I though now is about the time to get things moving.

One of the major items on my todo list this summer is STAR's website. It's not the most updated of sites. The committee are looking to get a new website. I've been a little more sensible and looking at all the options.

A New Site

If we go for a new site, we can keep it seperated from the admin side of things (mailing lists, etc.) possibly even keeping the current staff portal but slimmed down. There are a number of "off the shelf" options. However they would require a fair amount of customisation.

I've been experimenting with this option. In fact in a day I managed to get this site together for experimentation.

Update The Old One

The old site could easily have the look / layout changed without too much work. However, there is a fairly sizable list of "requests" from the old committee over the website. Considering I'm already getting flack for refusing to follow through an order for duckers (we don't need them and they would be too difficult to install correctly with our setup), I would have to implement most of these changes.

The old site can be found here.

Get Involved

The options are open, what's your opinion?


I've dropped the requirement to register to submit your comments. You will need to supply an e-mail address but I promise not to sell your information to anyone that looks a bit shifty.

No comments:

Post a Comment