Tuesday 6 January 2009

A Working Holiday

As per student tradition, my holiday was not actually a holiday. Working more hours over the holiday period has been the norm for the last 3 years.

However, the difference this year is I actually like my job. So, I'd better explain what I've been doing. Breakfast radio. It's a simple as that.

I've spent the last week or so covering for the usual presenter and basically having a lot of fun. It turns out weekdays are far more fast paced - 2 news bullitens per hour, traffic & travel as well as the usual "What's On" guide. Plus the golden hour eats up an hour of programming.

The period also saw myself bringing in the bells on air and being the only live show on Boxing Day. So to say I've done a lot of work is a little bit of an understatement. However, it has been far better than handling customer complaints and queues all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment