Sunday 21 June 2009

3G Access... Fun & Games

It's a well publicised option for getting internet on the move or if you've no landline. That's why I've had to take up such access. I may as well give you the highs and lows.

Well, I practically live under the tower, so reception is excellent. The service when accessable is nippy enough though it can be painful to use SSH over. The joys of the round trip time.

However, I have run into a slight issue. Look at the line above again - "when accessable". Yup - I've had a few connection issues. Though, that's down to the dongle. I tried the same SIM card on a mobile phone connected to the laptop via. bluetooth - no issues. Just excessively slow...

So, it's the best I've got and I can't complain too much about the service. It does seem a little better than travelling on the X24 makes it out to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment