Tuesday 7 April 2009

My Music Collection Is Wierd...

It's true, I've got all sorts. Heavy rock (I can't stand thrash mind you) through to the cheesiest of pop. I just heard the playout system segue Tom Jones into Van Halen into Britney Spears and finally ACDC.

 

I'm also exploring it at the moment to find out exactly what I have. What better way than AllDay DJ. I get to do a sustainer test and hear almost everything I have. So, I've scheduled a fairly random mix consisting of some categorised tracks and the "A to Z" (i.e. everything else) category. Let's see how long I can stand it...

 

I'm also facing issues with my wireless connection (still as ropey as ever) so the test box is directly wired into the router. I'm also streaming online (no, it's a private stream, I'm not going to give you access).

 

Though I did learn this week that (unsurprisingly really) you can get access to the DAB output of a station via. web stream (though it's locked down from what I hear). How did I find out - a phone call from somebody at the other end of the country monitoring the station output. Makes sense though, it is just an MP2 stream.

No comments:

Post a Comment