Sunday 22 February 2009

Music Scheduling

I'll be honest and up front - I've never done it as a job. I've on occasion had to create clocks for on-air hours and fix many scheduling errors, but it's never fully been my responsibility.

I've learned the basics though. Don't schedule slow tracks at 0700, etc. This is all being kept in mind as I design the scheduler for AllDay DJ 3.

Voice tracking is a huge thing just now. AllDay DJ 2 will do it, but it's not particularly user friendly. I plan to fix this in the new scheduler. Also dayparting is one big thing I am looking to build in. Take an example I saw at Perth FM - we were looking for an easy way to say "only play this promo Mon-Fri". Not too easy with the software in use. An intuitive way to do this without creating a million and one spot groups is something I am very much looking to build in.

So, your ideas would be great. What do schedulers (human of course) find difficult to do with software? Let's see if we can make scheduling easy... though not too much. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment